My very first blogger award!! I’m sooooo stoked that Their World We Live In nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Pretty flippin’ awesome to know that I inspired someone with my witty repartee on Dinosaur Train and boobs. Truly, though, I am pretty excited, especially because I haven’t been doing this blogging thing very long.
In the spirit of following directions, here’s what I gotta do:
- Display logo on blog. Working on it…
- Link back to the person you have so inspired. Yeppers!
- Tell 7 things about yourself. Below.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link back to them. Yup yup.
- Perform 1 random act of kindness and include it in your post. Is it sad that I had to consciously try to find something randomly kind to do??
7 Random Things:
- I love to read, will read just about any book and wish I had more time to read…but I forget the last part whenever I’m
wasting timedoing serious, important things on Facebook.
- Reggae makes me want to set someone on fire. In other words, I’m not particularly fond of that style of music.
- I’m ridiculously terrified of snakes. Like, if I see a tiny garter snake I scream, run and/or pee a little. Lord help me if my son ever goes through a reptile phase.
- I could easily survive on air-popped popcorn with butter and salt. Crap, now I’m hungry…
- I just learned how to French braid this year. I’m 31.
- I don’t understand the Weather Channel. Who the hell watches that? Everybody always yells at the weather guy for being incompetent, yet there is still an entire channel devoted to predicting the weather correctly 43% of the time?
- I am overly enthusiastic about ‘your mom’ jokes. If someone says something that can even remotely be turned into an insult against their mother, I’m there. (Your mom is overly enthusiastic. Ba dum, tsssshh).
- Half Crunchy Mom
- The Paleo Mama
- Thirty Something Mom
- Beautiful In His Time
- There’s Something About Michiko
- Adventures of a Wee Mason Man
- Co-Pilot Mom
- We’ve Got Our Hands Full
- From Dates to Diapers
- Baby Rachel’s Legacy
- Clean Mama
- I Choose Joy
- It Started With a Bump
- a peek inside the fishbowl
- Mary is Sewfast <—– this is my mama! She rules!
Random Act of Kindness
So even I think this is kind of lame as a random act of kindness, especially after reading what Their World We Live In did with her random act. But, I know I always appreciate it when it happens to me, so hopefully these people did as well. What did I do?
I intentionally slowed/stopped to let people merge into the heavy flow of afternoon traffic. A few times. Once or twice on the freeway. And I didn’t swear when they were kind of slow about it (probably because they thought it was some kind of trick).
And just because Grumpy Cat makes me giggle every single time…